What We Believe
Camp Nathanael is a Christian summer camps for boys. While we are a non-denominational camp, our programing has a distinctly Christian, evangelical flavor.
This statement of faith forms the foundation of the ministry at Camp Nathanael. Those serving in leadership and staff capacities subscribe to it.
▪ We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
▪ We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
▪ We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
▪ We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed.
▪ We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in him are justified on the ground of his shed blood.
▪ We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in his ascension into heaven, and in his present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
▪ We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
▪ We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
▪ We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.